Hear from VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) representatives about help available to get your taxes done online for free, by trained volunteers, using the website getyourrefund.org/PierceWA.
Free online tax preparation offered by VITA is available for people with household incomes up to $66,000. To use the remote tax preparation service, taxpayers need to have access to the internet through a computer, tablet or smartphone. Leave this session with an understanding of who is eligible for free online tax help from VITA, how to go online to get started with this service, and what to expect from the process. No tax returns will be completed during the session.
- The IRS has extended the tax filing date to May 17, 2021.
- VITA is unable to help with some complex tax situations, or people needing to file their taxes as Married Filing Separate.
How do Zoom programs work?
- Register for the program. Take care entering your email address properly.
- You will immediately receive an email including the Zoom link from email@example.com. If you do not receive this link within an hour, contact us at VirtualPCLS@pcls.us
- When the Zoom program is scheduled to begin, log in and enjoy the program. If you have any problems logging in, contact us at VirtualPCLS@pcls.us
Other Zoom Info
- The Pierce County Library recommends using the latest version of Zoom, with all current updates. Check for the latest version by clicking here.
- The Library System expects that all participants in Library virtual events and classes follow the Library Rules of Conduct. If an individual does not follow the Rules of Conduct, the library has the right to ask that individual to leave the virtual program.
- If you have registered for the event and are having trouble accessing the event, please email VirtualPCLS@pcls.us.
Public Notice & Disclaimer