Choose a single flower or floral arrangement to focus on for the sketching exercise. This can be from a photo or from real life. If you’d like to position yourself outside or arrange some flowers in a vase, feel free to do so. We will focus on capturing the close-up details of the subject and we will use colored pencils.
1 photo of a floral theme (unless sketching from real life)
Sketchbook or clipboard with artist quality drawing paper (approx. 8.5” x 11”) or the Summer Reading Challenge Journal, available at your Pierce County Library.
Pencil / Eraser / Sharpener
Colored Pencils; feel free to get creative with your palette.
About the Artist
Katie Dean is a Tacoma area artist and printmaker. Her block prints begin as detailed sketches that she incorporates into her floral and landscape themed original art prints. During the summer months, she regularly sketches during hiking adventures in the North Cascades. Come join her on Zoom, where she will take you through her process and explore the way she approaches sketching.
How do Zoom programs work?
- Register for the program. Take care entering your email address properly.
- You will immediately receive an email including the Zoom link from email@example.com. If you do not receive this link within an hour, contact us at VirtualPCLS@pcls.us
- When the Zoom program is scheduled to begin, log in and enjoy the program. If you have any problems logging in, contact us at VirtualPCLS@pcls.us
Other Zoom Info
- The Pierce County Library recommends using the latest version of Zoom, with all current updates. Check for the latest version by clicking here.
- The Library System expects that all participants in Library virtual events and classes follow the Library Rules of Conduct. If an individual does not follow the Rules of Conduct, the library has the right to ask that individual to leave the virtual program.
- If you have registered for the event and are having trouble accessing the event, please email VirtualPCLS@pcls.us.
Public Notice & Disclaimer